Friday, April 18, 2014

Blogger Conscious


So I’ve recently entered the world of blogging, my first big step in my goal to becoming a writer and so far my experience has been great. I love reading people’s stories and hearing their point-of-view, even I it differs from mine. It’s just interesting to get glimpses of people’s minds and learn more about different perspectives. I’ve been trying to immerse myself into the blogging industry by finding blogs, following blogs, and most importantly writing. And as I dive deeper into the ocean of blogging I realize how risky it can really be, to be so vulnerable and open to the opinions of others. Some people can really be harsh in judging and it’s impossible to avoid it. Once you post something (anything) it’s available to anyone with a computer or a smartphone. Your opinions, your story, or even your art now becomes a public record. That type of power comes with a responsibility that I don’t think people recognize.

Words are one of most influential things in the word in my opinion. What you say mattes, maybe not to everyone, but your words DO have power. One blog, or even one sentence, can change the mind of a person. By realizing that I began to recognize the responsibility of being “blogger conscious.” I think it’s important to be open and honest when writing, but I also think it’s essential to have a “good” public imagine--to write without judgment, even in commenting each other’s work. By blogging we create an image for the web to see and a lot of the time it’s reflection of who are as a person in the inside that we’re trying to express to the world. Being that vulnerable isn’t easy, to put yourself in the line of fire in an effort to be heard. It takes great courage to reach deep and offer it up to public, for whatever reason. That’s why, in my opinion, I think it’s important to be kind to each other --to speak and listen without judgment, to inspire without preaching, and to give by taking.

We are just people with a computer trying to tell our stories, trying to get our voice heard, trying to express ourselves. I think we should be conscious about what we say because at the end of the day it’ll have some effect on someone somewhere. Just my opinion, as always I’m eager to hear your take on the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment